Plagiarism of Wikipedia is the taking of content from Wikipedia and republishing it without proper attribution and perhaps in violation of copyright or the terms of the Wikimedia platform's Creative Commons license. This internal working page compiles notes and reports on plagiarism of Wikipedia.
Many people and organizations exploit Wikipedia by plagiarizing its content. This might be illegal. It is unethical. It is also very sad.
There is currently no well established place in Wikimedia projects to report instances of plagiarism of Wikipedia or Wikimedia content.
We have no process for taking any action in response to reports.
- report, and private WP:OTRS ticket:2019091210006376
- Similar pages
Wikipedia articles covering this and similar topics
- Plagiarism from Wikipedia - this page contains citations to third party media
- Commercial use of Wikimedia projects
- Wikipedia:Plagiarism - Wikipedia's internal guideline on plagiarism focused on responding to plagiarized content in Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Reusing Wikipedia content
- Wikipedia:Citing Wikipedia - A guide for citing content in Wikipedia and thereby preventing plagiarism
- Wikipedia:Attribution - general information on "attribution"
- Wikipedia:Copying within Wikipedia - a guide for copying free text
- Wikipedia:Mirrors and forks
- Wikipedia:Copyright problems - this large forum is mostly for problems internal to Wikipedia, not external reuse, but a task to be done is review the long archives and link the relevant conversations here to there
- wiki community conversation
- Wikipedia_talk:Plagiarism#Plagiarism_of_Wikipedia - 2017, 2019 - no identified collection like this page
- Tony1 (11 June 2012). "Springer's misappropriation of Wikimedia content "the tip of the iceberg"". The Signpost.
- van der Stelt, Wim (12 June 2012). "Statement from Springer concerning Springer Images". springer.com (in German).
- Doc James (25 February 2015). "Text from Wikipedia good enough for Oxford University Press to claim as own". The Signpost.
This can be a reporting place for plagiarism of Wikipedia.