|WikiProject Sociology||Project talk||Participants||Task force||Assessment||To do||Article lists & tools||Popular pages||Peer review||Templates||Category tree|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently. Criteria for including articles under this project's banner include:
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- But articles on specific entities such as a particular family (House of Windsor) or element of fashion (brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality. If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, we could however create more specialized articles, so topics like the , or sociology of clothing may get covered.
- A biography of a sociologist who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO (WP:PROF) should be included. But biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and 'Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
Articles for deletion
- 03 Jan 2020 – John Asimakopoulos AfDed by Rusf10 (t · c) was closed as keep by RL0919 (t · c) on 11 Jan 2020; see discussion ( )
Categories for discussion
- 13 Jan 2020 – Category:Issues was CfDed by Paradoctor (t · c); see discussion
- 12 Jan 2020 – Category:Sexual fluidity in film was CfDed by Crossroads (t · c); see discussion
- 12 Jan 2020 – Category:Male sexual fluidity in film was CfDed by Crossroads (t · c); see discussion
- 05 Jan 2020 – Category:New Century Foundation was CfDed by JzG (t · c); see discussion
Redirects for discussion
- 16 Jan 2020 – Whiskey tango →White trash was RfDed by Hog Farm (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Jan 2020 – Tips for getting hired →Job interview was RfDed by UnitedStatesian (t · c); see discussion
- 24 Dec 2019 – Democratic socialism was RfDed by Rosguill (t · c); see discussion →
Good article nominees
- 04 Jan 2020 – St Scholastica Day riot was GA nominated by SchroCat (t · c); start
- 28 Nov 2019 – Social class differences in food consumption was GA nominated by Lhofschneider (t · c); start
Requests for comments
- 06 Jan 2020 – White privilege has an RfC by SprayCanToothpick (t · c); see discussion
- 06 Jan 2020 – 2019–20 Hong Kong protests has an RfC by Jax 0677 (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Dec 2019 – Modern Pagan views on LGBT people has been put up for PR by Gwenhope (t · c); see discussion
- 12 Jan 2020 – Freemen on the land is requested to be moved to Freeman on the land by BiologicalMe (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Jan 2020 – Political radicalism move request to Radicalism (politics) by Oeqtte (t · c) was ; see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 02 Jan 2020 – Legal drinking age controversy in the United States is proposed for merging to Alcohol consumption by youth in the United States by Beland (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Dec 2019 – Rational-legal authority is proposed for merging to Tripartite classification of authority by Daask (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Dec 2019 – Hipster racism is proposed for merging to Hipster (contemporary subculture) by Llakew18 (t · c); see discussion
- 24 Dec 2019 – Skill (labor) is proposed for merging to Skilled worker by Zxcvbnm (t · c); see discussion
- 20 Dec 2019 – Yield the seat culture in Taiwan is proposed for merging to Priority seat by Piotrus (t · c); see discussion
- 31 Oct 2019 – Emigration from the United States is proposed for merging to American diaspora by Bageense (t · c); see discussion
- 21 Aug 2019 – Homosexuality and hip hop culture is proposed for merging to LGBTQ representations in hip hop music by Genericusername57 (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Jul 2019 – Human flesh search engine is proposed for merging to Doxing by H2NCH2COOH (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Jun 2019 – Social dilemma is proposed for merging to Collective action problem by Notyetlost (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Jun 2019 – Collective action problem is proposed for merging to Social dilemma by Notyetlost (t · c); see discussion
- (10 more...)
Articles to be split
- 29 Jul 2019 – Hobo is proposed for splitting by Aboideau (t · c); see discussion
- 14 May 2019 – Non-resident Indian and person of Indian origin is proposed for splitting by Rosguill (t · c); see discussion
- 28 Dec 2018 – Ecclesiastical titles and styles is proposed for splitting by PPEMES (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Jul 2018 – Community is proposed for splitting by SMcCandlish (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Apr 2018 – Rape statistics is proposed for splitting by Drmies (t · c); see discussion
- 11 May 2017 – Science and technology studies is proposed for splitting by Rhododendrites (t · c); see discussion
- 10 May 2017 – Human capital flight is proposed for splitting by Mr. Guye (t · c); see discussion
- 15 Dec 2016 – Barbarian is proposed for splitting by (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 05 Nov 2019 – Draft:Lab for Entrepreneurship and Development (LEAD) has been submitted for AfC by Newslinger (t · c)
- 05 Nov 2019 – Draft:Duane Rousselle has been submitted for AfC by (t · c)
- 08 May 2019 – Draft:Social Futuring has been submitted for AfC by (t · c)
- 17 Oct 2019 – Draft:Generation Alpha submitted for AfC by Rotideypoc41352 (t · c) was declined by Robert McClenon (t · c) on 16 Jan 2020
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
Related WikiProjects and pages
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender Studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social Work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.