|WikiProject Sociology||Project talk||Participants||Task force||Assessment||To do||Article lists & tools||Popular pages||Peer review||Templates||Category tree|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently. Criteria for including articles under this project's banner include:
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- But articles on specific entities such as a particular family (House of Windsor) or element of fashion (brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality. If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, we could however create more specialized articles, so topics like the , or sociology of clothing may get covered.
- A biography of a sociologist who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO (WP:PROF) should be included. But biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and 'Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
Articles for deletion
- 09 Aug 2020 – 2019 Latin American protests was AfDed by (t · c); see discussion ( )
- 22 Jul 2020 – Aph Ko was AfDed by (t · c); see discussion ( )
Redirects for discussion
- 07 Aug 2020 – Tea bag movement →Tea Party movement was RfDed by Hog Farm (t · c); see discussion
- 28 Jul 2020 – Illuminism →Age of Enlightenment was RfDed by AleatoryPonderings (t · c); see discussion
Files for discussion
- 04 Jul 2020 – File:Clarence Bertucci.png (on Utah prisoner of war massacre) was FfDed by Mysticair667537 (t · c); see discussion
Good article nominees
- 03 Jul 2020 – Cai Lun was GA nominated by Aza24 (t · c); start
- 20 Jun 2020 – History of Christian thought on persecution and tolerance was GA nominated by Buidhe (t · c); start
- 02 May 2020 – Doukhobors was GA nominated by DoggieTimesTwo (t · c); see discussion
Good article reassessments
- 03 Aug 2020 – Agnosticism was nominated for GA reassessment by Buidhe (t · c); see discussion
- 02 Aug 2020 – Black Lives Matter was nominated for GA reassessment by Tinton5 (t · c); see discussion
Requests for comments
- 28 Jul 2020 – A.C.A.B. has an RfC by Evrik (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Jul 2020 – Millennials has an RfC by (t · c); see discussion
- 05 Aug 2020 – LGBT ideology-free zone is requested to be moved to LGBT-free zones by Buidhe (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Aug 2020 – List of films that most frequently use the word "fuck" is requested to be moved to by Deacon Vorbis (t · c); see discussion
- 10 Jul 2020 – Cultural genocide of Uyghurs is requested to be moved to Uyghur genocide by MarkH21 (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Jul 2020 – Mexicans of European descent move request to White Mexicans by Pob3qu3 (t · c) was to White Mexicans by Steel1943 (t · c) on 03 Aug 2020; see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 20 Jul 2020 – LGBT ideology-free zone is proposed for merging to LGBT rights in Poland by Emir of Wikipedia (t · c); see discussion
- 01 Jul 2020 – Margaret Gallagher bibliography is proposed for merging to Margaret Gallagher by Sxologist (t · c); see discussion
- 01 Jul 2020 – Sabina Alkire bibliography is proposed for merging to Sabina Alkire by Sxologist (t · c); see discussion
- 26 Jun 2020 – Social networking service is proposed for merging to Social media by Buffaboy (t · c); see discussion
- 26 Jun 2020 – Social media is proposed for merging to Social networking service by Buffaboy (t · c); see discussion
- 23 Jun 2020 – Clannism is proposed for merging to Clan by Dbachmann (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Feb 2020 – Debutante is proposed for merging to Debutante ball by PPEMES (t · c); see discussion
- 14 Feb 2020 – Curse of expertise is proposed for merging to curse of knowledge by PaulTanenbaum (t · c); see discussion
- 14 Feb 2020 – Access to information is proposed for merging to Freedom of information by Francis Schonken (t · c); see discussion
- 02 Jan 2020 – Legal drinking age controversy in the United States is proposed for merging to Alcohol consumption by youth in the United States by Beland (t · c); see discussion
- (5 more...)
Articles to be split
- 20 Jun 2020 – Black Lives Matter Plaza is proposed for splitting by (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Jul 2019 – Hobo is proposed for splitting by Aboideau (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Jul 2018 – Community is proposed for splitting by SMcCandlish (t · c); see discussion
- 11 May 2017 – Science and technology studies is proposed for splitting by Rhododendrites (t · c); see discussion
- 10 May 2017 – Human capital flight is proposed for splitting by Mr. Guye (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 17 Jul 2020 – Draft:Reconciliation education has been submitted for AfC by Dr Adam Heaton (t · c)
- 28 May 2020 – Draft:Critical juncture has been submitted for AfC by (t · c)
- 09 Aug 2019 – Draft:International Care Ministries has been submitted for AfC by (t · c)
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
Related WikiProjects and pages
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender Studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social Work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.